What We Do
The team at PMR have worked across much of Scotland’s sporting landscape. We have assisted communities through direct delivery of new pavilions and sports pitches, through to Local Authority Facility Strategies and engaging communities affected by housing developments, achieving a benefit for all concerned.
Our reputation and ability to ensure a client’s outcome is achieved has seen us bring about an investment of over £40m into the Scottish sporting landscape.
PMR offers expertise that can bring about change to our communities which is sustainable but requires those involved to think outside the box on how partnerships can be created to achieve a ‘win, win’ for all those involved in developing communities – housebuilders, Local Authorities, community sports clubs.
PMR have associate companies that they work alongside with on projects that require multi-disciplinary expertise.
The changing interaction in our sporting landscape.
We are the leading sports consultancy working in club development; taking established sporting organisations and helping them become investment ready to be 21st Century Community Clubs. Working in partnership with them along with their Governing Bodies over a period of time to ensure the transformation to asset ownership and development is fully complete and they have long term sustainable plans in place for their future.
Over the last 10 years we have worked extensively with a variety of community based sports clubs helping them to restructure, to formulate strategic plans, sustain their long term futures, and to access different funding streams that allows them to realise their own vision and dream. Social Enterprises have become a specialist area for PMR in the sporting arena which is in line with National Policy for the Third Sector.
Our work includes:
- Offering a ‘Vision to Reality’ complete service to our sports club clients
- Working with over 40 sports clubs and voluntary organisations to become fitter and stronger
- Raised over £40M for clients’ projects through in-depth knowledge of funders and funding solutions for community sport and social enetrprsie.
- Leading clubs and Trusts through organisational change and being there through implementation of change
- Completing numerous feasibility studies for major facilities, which have continued to be developed – often with our assistance
- Advising Local Authorities on their long-term strategic planning for sport, completing facilities and pitches strategies
- Advising on design and community use for primary and secondary schools
- Writing published design guidance for sportscotland and the Children’s Commissioner
- Working on large urban community regeneration projects
- Advising Major Governing Bodies of Sport and sportscotland
- Facilitating work shops at seminars and conferences
- Partnering major organisations in the Third Sector
- Working with major agencies and funder within the Social Enterprise Sector
- Having in depth working knowledge of the work of sportscotland and other funding agencies that allows PMR Leisure to provide sports strategy context and delivery of the right route for our clients.
- Advising private sector consortia on major PPP/PFI Schools projects
- Operating with honesty and integrity and always with the best interests of our clients in mind
To see how we have worked with specific client areas please refer to our Case Studies pages.
01620 895 900