Private Developers & House builders
With the upturn in the market and the Government agenda for more housing we will see our communities grow all around us. However, much of this development is taking little cognisance of how greenspace and sport sits within it and will serve our communities long term.
Communities often see the developer coming and resist on principal as they fundamentally see little benefit to the wider community.
If you engage the community from an early juncture, using our skills to understand the needs of the community, you can address these issues within your plans from the start, relieving you of headaches and planning objections later down the process, which ultimately can hold up your development. We know we can help you get to planning in a shorter time through using our expertise.
We offer the following services:
- Credibility in the Scottish sporting landscape, when negotiating with Local Authorities and statutory agencies, such as sport
- Deliver a sport and greenspace audit for the local area, to help you justify provision.
- Identify the gaps in provision, where you can help i.e. don’t offer a synthetic pitch if there is one in the area, but they may need a clubhouse.
- Negotiate and be a fundamental link to the Local Authority, as we speak their language of sport, education and community.
- Undertake community engagement, with sports clubs, schools, community organisations and the general public leading up to public meetings, ensuring a buy in from the community.
- Development of supporting documentation for Planning applications.
- Identify local partners who can run and manage greenspace and sports provision once the development is complete, which could be through an asset transfer solution, through a Section 75.
- Help maximise your community impact of enabling contributions through strategic delivery and through the knowledge and relationships we have with relevant national agencies and Governing Bodies.
In essence we become an enabling and facilitating conduit on your behalf, whilst getting the best for you and the community you are developing.
See our case studies demonstrating how we can help you
Pictures – Spartans, Catto Park, !!!
I required the assistance of a Professional organisation, who could provide a depth of knowledge and experience. The research which they have undertaken has been both diligent and thorough, displaying a clear empathy and understanding of the local requirement.
PMR will continue to be an integral part of our “team” providing highly professional, reliable and honest sporting facility consultancy and expertise.Ian Grant
Their knowledge of community sport in Scotland is second to none and has been immensely helpful in shaping SIS’s investment activity in this area.Alastair
01620 895 900