Broxburn United Sports Club (BUSC)
PMR Leisure was commissioned by BUSC to provide an action plan to help them become a community club and to develop a new club pavilion and state of the art 3G pitch. The specific services we provided included:
- Business planning, sports development planning and the provision of advice to project managers.
- To fund this £2.7 million project we advised the BUSC in its partnership with West Lothian Council and in submitting an application to sportscotland and various other funders.
- This resulted in West Lothian investing £1.6 million and sportscotland providing £500k towards construction which began in April 2009.
- These facilities will increase the level of participation currently delivered by the club and in the long term potentially provide opportunities for participation in equestrianism, water sports and boxing that currently do not exist in the area.
- The new facilities, both outdoor and indoor will also be available for community use including daytime use for schools. As well as providing opportunities to participate in sport the facilities will provide a social space for the whole community.
- The building opened to the community in August 2010 with a celebration for players and community. The facility was opened by Stewart Harris Chief Executive of sportscotland and Peter Johnston, Leader of the Council.
- James Pegg has been appointed as Development Manager through funding from the Robertson Trust and has staff supported through the Heart of Midlothian Education and Community Trust all secured through the continued work of PMR Leisure.
- PMR Leisure continue to work with BUSC as they work through the early months of opening the new community club facilities.