PPP Schools Programme
Our work in the PPP/PFI arena began with working on Rotherham Schools 2002 PFI Project for Balfour Beatty where we were engaged to develop a not for profit model to manage the community use of the new sports facilities working in partnership with Rotherham City Council. Upon a successful winning bid this model was fully implemented and is today seen as one of the prime examples of partnership working in the PFI system in England. Following this work we have since worked with Balfour Beatty on four other bids in Scotland under the PPP Programme which includes North Lanarkshire Schools 2010, Edinburgh Schools, Aberdeen 3R's and West Dumbartonshire.
Our work in PPP2 in Scotland has also led us to work with Hochtief, Amey and Skanska.
Our work on PPP Schools Projects includes the following:
- Working alongside the Design Team from the start of the bidding process through to completion.
- Undertaking all aspects of culture, sport, leisure and arts development for the new schools and the communities in which they sit.
- Advising the Design Team on all aspects of sports facility development to ensure both educationaly and community aspects of the design are included.
- Undertaking full review of local, regional and national strategic policy to ensure bid proposals sit within the appropriate context.
- Identify local partner organisations for the bid team to work with in the long term.
- Undertake local Greenspace strategies where appropriate to ensure the new schools sit within the appropriate policy guidance.
- Undertake development of management and business models where the bid team are looking to propose to take over facility management of community use.